From Cik Zainab Ismail:
WELL DONE SELADANG!
Congratulations to all Seladang swimmers and supporters. It was a great day for Seladang. We have won back the swimming cup after so many years. As a senior Seladang teacher in Cempaka I was really waiting for this wonderful moment and it’s happened this year- 2009! Wow it’s amazing! Well done all the swimming captains! Keep up the good job!
I think this is the good start for Seladang. Go!Go! Go! Seladang. Let us work as a team for many more victories this year!
Congratulations Seladangs!!!! Thank you to all the swimmers and supporters. We won because of you guys and I'm sure we're gonna win it again next year! :D We have won the swimming cup for the first time since 2001. That was the year I joined Sri Cempaka. So this is AMAZING!
And to the swimmers, well done on swimming as fast as you could and winning those shiny medals you go up on stage to collect, to those who didn't win anything, do not be discouraged, there is always next year, which we will WIN AGAIN!
From Hsu Yin:
First thing's first, I'M REALLY SO SO SO SO PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!!
We won today because ALL of you, swimmers and supporters, did your absolute best and I know that this effort and spirit can be maintained for all our events later in the year:)
You came for trainings, you tried your best and what you got today was the result! Amazing job, Seladangs!
I know some of you had to rush to accomodate training sessions, sacrifice your tuition time and every thing else, but I really am so glad you all came. Ivan and I are really really very very happy and very proud of you!:D
This victory belongs to EVERY Seladang in both Cheras and Damansara campuses!!
From Sien Yi:
Congratulations Seladangs! We have just won Swimming Gala 2009, beating second-place Harimau by a whopping 140 points! All you swimmers have given a fantastic effort and we are extremely proud of you. Even if you didn't get any medal, you still helped us by not getting disqualified for the event! So thanks for participating and earning points!
Although I must say the supporter turnout was not as large as I would like it to be, the supporters that came were amazing. What we lacked in numbers, we gained by spirit! Thank you all. If you did not attend to support, you missed a whole bunch of absolutely AWESOME runs from Seladangs (especially the medleys, my word!). Just ask any supporter who was there, seriously!
We've started a HUGE U-turn from the dumps lats year. Let this be the genesis of REVOLUTION SELADANG!
If you feel impulsive to post something like 'Congratulations!' or 'YOU GUYS r0xx0r!!!11!1', post them at the Shout-out Message Board below. Thank you.
Important Details 2
1. ALL SELADANG SWIMMERS, please be at Cheras by 6 30 AM for warm up. Ivan and I will meet you by the pool.
2. Please remember to bring your goggles and swimming attire(you'd be surprised. I know people who went for swimming gala last year, who were swimming but didn't bring some swimming stuff.)
3. PLEASE SWIM YOUR BEST TOMORROW. BECAUSE IVAN AND I ARE VERY PROUD OF ALL OF YOU. AND I'M SURE ALL OF YOU WANT TO WIN SWIMMING GALA:)
Swimming Gala is on the 22nd February which is a Sunday starting at 7.30 am.
You are only allowed to wear the Seladang House T-shirt. But you may wear any-coloured pants as long as they are NOT jeans or made of denim material. You may also wear slippers and bring your handphones for that day. We know you know that it feels very bad to get hard-earned points deducted from your House for these tiny things!
Shout-Out Message Board
(Follow the format shown in the messages below.)
<before Swimming Gala>
- Come on guys and gals, you can do it! Let's start the most epic comeback in all of Seladang history! BRING ON THE REVOLUTION!! - TanSienYi
- Guys! the matter what, we ARE STILL WINNERS!! we'll be laughing all the way with chicken feets in our hands! :D:D:D - Edward Ting
- WE'RE GONNA WIN SWIMMING GALA. From there, we're gonna win other things. Then the house cup. Then we're gonna go on and conquer the world. XD Alexis Lee
- Do your best, you guys! Let's tint the pool GREEN this year!!! :D - Ji Lian
- YES! YOU GUYS AND GALS REALLY STARTED THE RACE FOR THE HOUSE CUP WITH A BANG! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU SELADANGS! - TanSienYi
- You guys did a GREAT JOB!! :D YAAAY!!! i'm epicly glad we won swimming gala :D XD - Ji Lian
- Great Job to the people who swam…and also to the Seladang supporters. Li Ann really did a great job. She won 3 GOLD medals, and 3 SILVER medals…. You all rock! Thanks to Sien Yi as well. - Ji Anne
- Omg guys! WE DID IT! The EPIC COMEBACK! I love all of u!! thanks for swimming and supporting!! omg im so hyper :P hahaha SELADANG IS ROCKIN HARD!!- Edward
- AND WHAT DID I TELL YOU!?!? WE WON PEOPLE!!!! XD Congrats to all the swimmers!!! YOU WERE AWESOME AND WE HOPE THAT the fanclub helped. ^^ * next up….House cup house cup house cup* - Alexis
- Thank you to all Seladangs that came and supported the swimmers!! Seriously we're both so proud and happy for our Seladangs that KICKED BUTT on SWIMMING GALA 2009! Goes to both swimmers and supporters because now all of us are aching all over with really bad sore throats XD Thank you guys so much for being there for us, your seniors, and the swimmers! we love you guys so much and thank you for helping us to kick start our engines for 2009!! :') - Cat & Naz
- WE'RE HOT TO GO PEOPLE XD -Cat
Hey guys! As you know, Swimming Gala's on 22nd February. Training starts next Friday, after school and will continue to be held every Friday after that until Swimming Gala.
The following people are those who've signed up for swimming:
Andrea (F5 Commerce)
Printha (F5 SC 3)
Priyangkha Alegesam (F4 SC1)
Ewe Shufei (F4 SC2)
Tan Jazelle (F2 Terra)
Alexis Lee (F4 SC 1)
Jacqueline Ho (F4 SC 1)
Audrey Ong (F4 SC 1)
Shakey (F2 Terra)
Ming- Wei (F2 Terra)
Sabrina (F3 Cempaka)
Fayla (F2 Aqua)
Amalina (F4 SC 2)
Li Ann (Year 7)
Asha (F1 Terra)
Lo Yan Kei (F1 Terra)
Michelle Wing (F1 Cempaka)
This the list of the guys that have signed up for swimming:
Erich Lim (F2 Terra)
Gabriel Tham (F3 Aer)
Ivan Wing (F3 Cempaka)
Stanley Ho (Year 8 Cempaka)
Christopher Lim (1 Aer)
Jack Jacobs (F5 SC 1)
David Peters (F5 SC 1)
Any one of you who'd like to sign up for swimming, you are most welcome to do so. Please do see either Ivan or I anytime during school hours. Or if you'd prefer it, you can email either one of us. Thanks!